Tuesday 26 April 2011

EVALUATION QUESTION 6: WHAT HAVE YOU LEARN'T ABOUT TECHNOLOGIES IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING YOUR MAIN PRODUCT?

For this course work unit there was an opportunity for me to use many pieces of technology, some of which I was familiar with and some that I wasn’t so familiar with. I used these technologies in the pre-production, production and post production phases of making my magazine.
Pre-production
In this phase I used technologies such as the internet, to create my blog and to gather audience research in the form of an instant messaging conversation. I already knew how to use the internet so had no problem navigating around the different websites. As well as this I used the internet for research on Wikipedia and qwiki and for images on yahoo and Google images.
Production
Within the production phase I learnt how to set up a studio properly and safely. I was also told the dangers of the equipment if not used properly.  I was taught that the soft box (which was the source of light) must be at about arm’s length from the model you are photographing and that when taking a photo with the Canon EOS 400D camera that you must get the red dot provided by the Bowens radio trigger on the models eye to take more precise photo.  Below is a bird’s eye view of how the studio was set up.
 



Post production
During the post production phase I largely used Photoshop, something that I used for first time whilst making my college magazine and so wasn’t too familiar with it but competent enough since the experience of my last use.  

On Photoshop I learnt how to flatten images into a JPEG file so that it could be posted on blogger; this was something I had not previously known how to do before this coursework unit. I also used the lasso tool to remove the model in the photograph from the background and into a new canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment