Tuesday 26 April 2011

EVALUATION QUESTION 5: HOW DID YOU ATTRACT/ADDRESS YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE

My magazine attracts my target audience by using photographs of people within my target age bracket. This gives readers the impression that my magazine is made for the youth by the youth and that Untouched magazine see’s things from their point of view will further let them feel like they can relate to the magazine. The models in my magazine’s photographs also are wearing fashionable clothing, which could attract my audience as they will be people who share a similar taste in fashion and will see another feature they can relate to in Untouched magazine.  
I have also included information on the latest music and popular artists in my magazine to attract my target audience as they will be people who like to stay in the know and be up to date with the latest music so that they could possibly discuss it amongst their friends.  Also, by making the Jay –Z interview exclusive to my magazine, my target audience will be encouraged to read as they like have exclusiveness, whether it is in fashion or information. In addition the idea of exclusivity makes my readers feel as if they are part of a certified club or privileged clique which in its self most people would like to be part of and so could attract my target audience and others outside of it.
My magazine uses an informal tone and quite urban terminology such as ‘the fix’ which is informal slang for information or get up to date. This will attract my target audience as it will to enable them to feel comfortable whilst reading my magazine and also feel as if they are hearing the information straight from the mouth of a friend. This will also ensure that they are not intimidated by huge words usually heard in Broadsheet newspapers such as the Times or Evening Standard and also feel that the magazine understands the youth.  The use of a rhetorical question on my cover line will also be another factor to draw in my target audience as they will be intrigued and want to find out the answer to the question. This links in with the notion that my target audience like to know the latest news and be up to date.
In my music magazine I have also included coverage on the MOBO (music of black origin) awards, an event which features many artists from the Hip Hop genre of music and so will further attract my Hip Hop audience as they may want to see latest trends set by the artists or find out whether their favourite artist was successful in the award show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment