Saturday 23 April 2011

EVALUATION QUESTION 4 : WHO WOULD BE THE AUDIENCE FOR YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT

My magazine is open for all to read, however, I am primarily targeting it at a UK and American audience. This is because I feel that the two nations are leaders in the music industry and can relate to the hip-hop based content in my magazine the most.
The age range of my target audience is from 16-25 years of age. This is due to the fresh nature of the magazine and youthful terminology used that an older audience might not understand. The topics in my magazine are also ones that will suit the interests of a slightly younger audience than the 30+ threshold. To further make my magazine relevant to my target audience I have include 16 and 17 year old models in the magazines photographs. 
Ethnically Untouched is targeted at all races, but as Hip Hop is seen as being a black cultured music genre, I have included features to further appeal to the black audience. I am aware of other ethnic groups challenging this so have also targeted Untouched at all ethnic groups. I have done this to introduce new audiences to hip Hop and to also make the magazine appeal to other races challenging the stereotype that Hip Hop is for people of black descent.      


My target market will also like to dress well and so will take an interest in the latest brands and trends such as G-star clothing and air force one trainers.  They will also like to attend music events and some will even aspire to make their own music and so will have a passion for it. This will mean that they will like to listen to their favourite artists on all different media formats such as iPods and phones (e.g. Blackberry or iPhone).

No comments:

Post a Comment